Re: lookit all them colors !

flash wrote:
Makes me
appreciate once again what a versatile program Xy is.

Indeed. I was reading her post with my mouth hanging open.
> there is no way to know whether you
see that same colors I do (Note to Auerbach: this is _not_ an
epistemological question).
Indeed again. When I was tweaking my color display, I found that
values that worked fine on one system would be almost invisible on
another. Screen colors are closely tied to hardware. I believe that
really high-end monitors now have some way of "calibrating" colors, so
that the RGB set of screens will match the CMK set of printouts--a BIG
issue for publishers of art books. I well remember having gone through
an exhibition, then seeing a calendar with prints of some of the
paintings in the museum shop, and even I could see that the colors
were badly skewed.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx