Re: Using XyWrite file in Word... [and "Euro symbol"]

Robert Holmgren wrote:
Both of these questions are rooted in the same issue: CodePages. 437 or 850
in DOS (XyWrite), 1252 in Windows GUI programs (Word, WordPerfect, etc etc).
Yes, of course. I am far more likely to need capital C
cedilla than the euro symbol. Fortunately for me,
coying and pasting using CLIP seems to keep the cap C
cedilla, while importing as text in Word 2000 yields
the euro. But while that's good for my purposes, it's
not supposed to do that, is it? You said that Clip
autoconverts between CodePages, no? I'm using CP 850 in
Xy. unicows.dll, dated 4/7/04, is in C:\Windows;
msvbvm60.dll, dated 2/23/04, is in c:\windows\system.
Both directories are referenced in the path while Xy is
running. What am I doing wrong (just so I know)?

By the by, I'm wondering about Avram's statement "we
can't get XyWrite to properly install on her computer."
Why not? What's the specific problem? Unless she's
running a Mac (couldn't be Linux with Word 2000), I
don't recall any difficulties setting up Xy III on any
version of Windows. Jerky cursor on XP (and sometimes
W2K), but otherwise... Or should we take this off list,
in view of legalities? Recall that you cannot INSTALL
Xy (or at least it's very difficult) on 32-bit Windows;
you have to copy a known good, but plain vanilla,
installation from one hard drive to another.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx