Re: Off-topic: USB gizmos

Sorry, Patricia, but I've never used a USB printer myself, except briefly on
someone else's system. (I think most of them are Win-Printers.)

Based on the header of your message, I was expecting a different question,
one that prompts me to ask it instead. If one uses a USB to Parallel
converter, does that sidestep the issue of being able to have DOS app.s (like
XyDOS) find LPT1 or LPT2 ? In this example, I'm assuming the continued use
of an older printer that is still Parallel port based, but connected to a
latter day computer that has plenty of USB connections but has chucked the
legacy Serial or Parallel ones.

Jordan