Re: Discretionary Hyphen--again

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

> if I hold ALT and type 127 on the number pad,
> though such other ASC chars as à [133] do work) comes up.

I don't know if this is of any use here, but an alternate to the Alt-Shift
method for "dialing up" an Ascii charcter is Ctrl-Alt + the Ascii # of
the character. (Be careful though, because some combinations like this
may be claimed by the hardware or by Win, with undesirable results.)

> Any ideas as to why,

Not in regard to Win, and I've made very little use of endnotes, over the
years.

> and to a possible workaround?

But, with a tool as flexible as Xy, I have to believe there must be some way
output the characters you desire -- maybe something in the jumbo U2 ? -- and
/ or
capture them to a Save/Get, or something like that. And if that can be done,

incorporating them into your endnote should also be possible.

Jordan