not enough memory for spellcheck in XY4

Following recent encouragement from the list, I've tried XY4 again instead
of my favoured XY3. The first major problem I have encountered is that when
I try spellcheck (F7), I get a message telling me there is insufficient
memory to perform this function. I'm sure the solution is simple but I
can't solve it. Any suggestions?

Also I note that in XY4 in draft mode, the text strays beyond my right hand
margin. In XY3 it remains within the margins I set (lm5, rm75). Can I
return to the XY3 screen format?

Paul Breeze