RE: Distefano's "XPL: Differences ..."

>I acquired Signature back in '94 but never loaded it or learned it. Should
>I be rooting around in my attic to see if I still have the Signature
>manual?

Many (but not all) of the differences are mentioned (if not fully documented)
in "Signature: Making the Transition". That would definitely be worth digging
out.

>My very modest grasp of XPL began with the Xy3 "XPL User's Guide", Tyson's
>"XyWrite [3] Revealed". But where are the kinds of (relatively) simple
>techniques which Carl describes catalogued and explained? Where (in short)
>is the XPL User's Guide for Xy4/XyWin?

The short answer to your question is: nowhere. The good news, however, is
that Robert and I are writing one which will be included in a future release
of the XyWWWeb documentation file, XYWWWEB.INF. It will cover matters ranging
from rudimentary to advanced and will be supplemented and revised from time to
time along with the rest of XyWWWeb. Writing is in the early stages, so don't
hold your breath. We'll keep you posted.

Carl Distefano
cldxtra@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/