Re: Printer Drivers for HP 2100

I have just installed a HP-2100M and tried it out with XyDOS
4.017 and XyWin 4.12, as well as sundry other applications. PCL
printing worked fine with both Xy's. I am still using the HPLJ 4
Plus driver for the former, and have installed the Windows driver
(with PCL6) that accompanied the printer for the latter. I found
no point in installing any of the "state-of-the-art" software
that also accompanied it for controlling the computer on your
screen, etc. When using TwinBridge for Chinese input with
applications that support it, I got some strange black patterns
on the first couple of printed pages. Since TwinBridge is an
extremely buggy program, I installed and reinstalled it, and that
took care of the problem.

I have not yet tried PostScript printing, and may not get around
to it (I thought the small difference in price between the
2100cse and the 2100M was worth it for the extra memory).

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science