Xy4 on 64 bit is saved!

Many, many thanks to Jon Pareles for the epochal discovery of "seamless" XP
Mode on Win 7 64 bit. This means we can use Xy4 (and Tame, with some
difficulty) with neither fuss nor cash outlay.
Here's what I see on my system, operating on Win 7 64 bit. I have a
shortcut to Xy4 on both my desktop and the quick launch area. I click on
that and I get a Xy4-Tame window, just like on XP. I don't have to launch
or (mostly) deal with a virtual machine. I don't have to backup up a huge
virtual machine, because I can do a one-time backup of the Xy4 folder,
which should not change much over time, and keep all the data and XPL files
on the Win 7 side, and just backup Win 7 files. The "seamless" Xy4 can
access them by a drive letter. e.g., k:\pgm is recognized by Xy4-seamless
as referring to the folder that's on Win 7 (not on a virutal machine) and
deal with them normally. E.g., I can:

ca k:\pgm\test.pgm

and I get the XPL, which I can edit and SAve and run just as if I were in XP.
And, of course, my text files, which are in C:\text are CAlled and edited as: k:\text.

God bless you Microsoft.

P.S. It's early in the process. I hope I don't have to eat these words.