Re: Jumping to begin/end of selected (defined) text

For a simple way to return to an absolute location in a file,
with no limitations, assign to a key an easily visible upper
ASCII character that you do not otherwise use (I use ASCII 219 on
F11). You can then use another state of the same key to go to
the top of the file, find it, and delete it (I use ctrl-F11), and
still another to search from the cursor downward and go to the
character without deleting it (I use shift-F11); the latter lets
you use multiple bookmarks. If you are worrying about leaving
some in the file, you can always assign a CI command to another
key to erase any and all. Actually I like to have a bookmark I
can find next time I open the file.

This too is in XPLNS.KBD.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science