Re: Reverse-order printing [Was: Printers/XyWrite 3+/OS2 v

** Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sun, 12 Jan 1997
05:19:10 -0500 (EST) >

> But may I suggest the following XPL pgm? ...
> There might be a problem with long files that the pgm runs too quickly
> for the printer to catch up...

I think it's going to be the opposite: very very slow, and ultimately
unsatisfactory. He said he has "hundreds of pages" that are printed
"frequently". To print page 200 only, XyWrite will format all the
preceding 199 pages (and write the output to a temp file!), then put
out page 200. Same for every page. It will take forever. Good kludge for
short files, bad kludge for long ones...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx