Re: VDOS memory and screen length

Dear Carl
I have just checked the path and it is fine. Verified by removing it and then trying to launch editor.exe from another directory.
I use a 3:4 monitor, ie: in portrait mode. I have not played with the
fonts yet but the full screen version of VDOS is very attractive. If
only I could get this speller to work. PCLex does work, but I never
found that quite so attractive as the Microlytics dictionary.
One other question. I have been toying with CP1252 but when I implement
it, boxes and other features in XY4 turn into characters from non-UK
alphabets. Is there any fix for this or do I have to live with a row of
ÄÄÄÄs across the top of my screen? Boxes (eg MEM) are a mixture of the
same horizontally and other characters vertically. I have tried
changing all the drawing characters in settings.dfl to a space, which
helps but does not get rid of all the ÄÄÄÄs etc.

Best wishes

Paul