Re: Off topic: Zip formats

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

> Ever try to explain ZIP drives and Zipped files to a technoklutz? Starts
> to sound like "Who's on first."

Ah yes.

Me: Do you have WinZip?

TK: No, I'm sorry. I don't have a zip drive.

Me: No, not a zip driv. WinZip?

TK: I have Win_dows_ . . .

Me: Do you have file compression software?

TK: I don't know. I don't think so. See, my [names significant other]
installed all the stuff on my computer and . . .

Me: Never mind. I'm sending you the files unzipped then.

TK: Good, because like I said, I don't have a zip drive.

Me: OK. Whatever. I'm sending you seven files via e-mail attachment and . . .

TK: Whoa! That will take a while to download. Can't you just, like, combine
them into one file. [Signficant other] put something on here so that, like,
when I click on an attachment all the files . . .

Me: (Pretneding this is a totally no idea) Oh, sure! I know what you're
talking about! I can do that too. I'll, err, combine the files for you.

TK: Great!

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)