Re: Couple of random thoughts (TBaehr@xxxxxxxx)

Hello. I am a new mmbr.
At 11:23 PM 10/19/95 -0400, you wrote:
>3. Question: anybody know how to fax via a Windows fax program using XyDOS?
> Obviously, it would be a work-around, but I'd like to know anyway.

I have switched to FaxWorks Pro for OS2 and use that product
along with XyDos 3+ under OS2 Warp, an excellent combo. But since u asked:

Using Eclipse Fax (a Windows program),

Enter Windows
Click on Program Mngr
Click Accessories
Start the Write program
Open type in the name of the file you want to send (obv. include
subdir where it is)
Answer ``yes,'' you want to convert (I never got italics but
everything else)
Execute the Print setup change the printer to E-FAx on Com 2 (or
whatever urs is)
Execute ``Print'' command
Screen should then launch into the E-Fax software and then send
as usual

I am not certain but I believe that any Windows fax prog (WinFax,
the Windows version of FaxWorks, etc) will work the same way.

But under OS2, the Xywrite transfer is perfect with FaxWorks for
OS2. u get bold, underline, italics, the works.

Rick Pienciak