Re: General startup question

"Yo Intl." wrote:

> At 5:03 PM -0800 01.1.17, rachel wrote:
>
> >Any suggestions for getting xywrite running on mac or linux? I have both 3+
> >and xywrite 4 (dos) but I would prefer to use 3+, as I've always considered
> >it to be a more elegant program. I'd be willing to use 4 if someone could
> >explain a way to get rid of the menus.
>
> Don't know about Linux, but on the Mac, "RealPC" works just fine for me.
> XYwrite zaps along in the Mac DOS window just as fast as on a PC.
> But if it is an iMac, you REALLY want to make the additional investment and
> get a full-sized keyboard from one of the accessory makers.

Ever since you mentioned that you used a Mac, I was wondering how you ran XY on
it. Is this an Apple environment ? I am aware of one other, possibly called
"Virtual PC" (I don't recall the vendor, but could look up both), an emulation
environment which is supposed to allow you to run any DOS or Win 3.x program on
the Mac, with some degree of speed overhead / penalty inherent in any emulation
scenario. I don't know if they ever updated it to allow for running Win-32
programs.

At one time, Apple also offered a hardware solution for some Mac models,
involving an expansion board with a separate Intel CPU.

Jordan