Re: slow printing problem

You may be able to force the dot-matrix printer to print in character mode
rather than graphics (or Image) mode. Try the default IM=0. You'll be limited
to just the built-in fonts in the printer.

My old dot printer took about a minute a page in XyIII, so maybe you're OK
anyway.

Hint for future purchases of printers, at least lasers: If the printer has HP-
PCL emulation, you can often use the HP printer driver, for the HP2 or 3P.
That's what I do with my wife's HP6se. It does print an extra page with
garbage characters; that may show up on a subsequent page if you're chain
printing. We don't chain-print, so I don't know.

Tim Baehr