Re: Msg#8709 & 8710

Dear Mr. Ascher,

Unfortunately, XyWrite is only compatible with Postscript Type 1 fonts that are
in AFM (Adobe Font Metrics) format. Most major manufacturers of Postscript
Type 1 (or compatible) fonts supply the width measurement value of their soft
fonts in AFM files. We've developed font an ADDPS program to read the width
information contained in AFM files furnished by the font manufacturer, convert
that information into XyWrite 4.0 font definitions and width tables. XyWrite
can only use screen fonts in Bitstream Speedo format. There are many fonts
availabe in this format from third-party vendors.

At the present time, we have discontinued the XYI Newsletter. We are hoping to
bring it back sometime in the future. If you want old back issues of the
Newsletter, you should contact the Marketing department in Baltimore at (410)
576-2040.

Regards, SysOp