Re: XyWin Where?

>Harmon Seaver wrote:
>>Why doesn't TTG run their BBS under Windows?
>
>The software we are using at this time is a DOS based product devised by E-Soft.
>This is a fairly popular Bulletin Board System, but unfortunately it does not
>have a Windows version. We will be upgrading the software for this soon to a
>version which supports 32 bit 80386 instructions. This should speed up the
>performance of the BBS. As I noted in earlier correspondence, we are also
>combing through the BBS, tightening up the ALLFILES.ZIP and trying to make the
>menu interface more intuitive. Again, any feedback is welcome on this issue.

  I guess the sarcasm was lost there, Kevin. Most people find it
impossible to run a BBS under windoz. Or do any sort of
high-speed communications in the background. Maybe win9? will fix
that, if they can ever get it to do
32bit multitasking.
  Actually, on a serious note -- you should try some different
BBS software. That one is pretty bad -- I've seen a lot of
different BBS packages and that's not up to snuff. Try Maximus or PC-Board. Or even
Wildcat, tho I'm not really a wildcat fan, it would still be an improvement.
Or even good old RBBS -- I ran that for awhile, before switching to Maximus.
The mail handling features in Maximus are topnotch.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question, and the
answer is NO.