Re: Off topic: flash drives and DOS diehards

Jordan, perhaps I should have made clear that I meant DOS in Windows;
i.e., a DOS prompt opened within Win 98SE. One of these days I'll try
booting to plain DOS and see if it's recognized, but I doubt it. But
sure, multiple drives even under DOS; my habit of having at least 3
logical drives goes back to DOS days.

By the bye, I got an e-mail from tech support for the flash drive (a
Kanguru Micro Drive) saying they've "never come across this situation
where the drive can be accessed through DOS, but not My Computer"; they
want me to rename it to K but I rather think not. I've got enough drive
letters to keep straight as it is, and I suspect that the problem is
caused by the fact that my internal ZIP drive is relettered by Iomega's
custom drive letter utility. Macy's doesn't tell Gimbels. The drive is
USB 2, but NONE of the PCs around here are, but backward-compatibility
appears to work.

Another possibility: I removed those little icons for Internet Exploiter
and Out-of-Luck from my taskbar, and ever since I cannot create toolbars.
I also notice that attempts to map a network drive to a drive letter do
NOT yield such a drive letter on My Computer. So maybe BBBG has crippled
my ability to add drive latters, because I won't play by his rules. But
I've got the icon on the desktop, and that's where I need and want it.

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx