TAME Pre6

In Tame Pre6, if the repeat rate on the key is slow, add the
following as the last lines of Xywrite.app.tam:

/KeyGroupDef GroupName = Custom1
   RepeatChannel=BIOS RepeatRate=25
   IncludeScan=#53   ;** DEl
I've kept the value: 25, but I assume if you want to speed it up or slow it down, that's where you'd make your adjustment.

Explaining the problem of repeat rates in XY, David Thomas writes:

"The problem is XY treats keys differently if set at defaults,
and we can accelerate only those at the default, and for cursor key pad keys
the numpad equivalent key must also match. If we try to accelerate
otherwise, the wrong thing happens. So, for compatibility, we accelerate
only those keys where fast repeat is needed. The del key was not seen that
way - you can always mark/del, and the del key may be reprogrammed de the
numpad."
Some of this needs explaining, but I don't want to interpolate what I don't fully understand -- especially that last sentence.
Meanwhile, this program is really evolving. A number of new features
and switches have been added. And the author has been very
accommodating answering queries and supplying fixes.

Maben: I still have not gotten to the T41, but will.

Michael Norman