RE: Off-topic: What laptop to buy for my daughter for college?

Patricia wrote:

>Of course, a modern one would have USB, so one
>could use a thumb drive, but I'll bet lost thumb drives are up there with
>"the cat ate my homework" in the roster of collegiate disasters.

I hadn't considered those tiny things getting lost easily, but obviously you're right. The other
problem with them is their rather high failure rate. They're vulnerable to electro/magnetic and
mechanical "shock" (maybe x/gamma rays too, for all I know).

Although I've had mine for nearly two years, and it's still ok, I don't trust it much.

_Brian H.