Re: DOS v Win encoding

If I replace my screen font (I work in windowed mode, not full screen) with the Lucida console font you're using, of course, strange letters appear.
Well, actually, running ansifs seems to install the
CP1252 font, though Windows (Vista) still thinks its using Lucida
Console 16 pt. If I wanted to try some of the other screen fonts
(beyond the default one in Robert's package), how would I install
them?
Having gotten the right zip file and unzipped it to Xy's
directory, I just ran ansifs, then shelled to DOS and ran
chcp 1252. When I went back to Xy, everything was in 1252, which
I verified by calling Table Speedos Char 227 was indeed
lc a tilde.
Question: is there any way to change the characters that fill the
window border and the ruler line? IN CP1252, they're a string of
As and ü (that's u umlautes) that are rather distracting.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx