Re: available memory

Caballero wrote:

Flash,
"Procrustean bread" is a double pun with a mythological reference to boot:
What has me wondering is what language all this took place in?
ProCRUSTean s only a pun in English, no? Or is the German Krust?
(I studied German for 4 years, but it was 47 years ago.)
Bilingual puns are really difficult. A friend and coworker of
mine made a good one once: I showed him a howler perpetrated by a
socially ignorant science editor. The article was about a French
savant who was also a member of the old noblesse (probably one of
the Broglies), and the editor had given his title as "compte."
"Hmm," said my friend, "I guess he just doesn't count [comte/compte]"

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx