Re: available memory

Reply to note from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  Mon,
04 Feb 2008 14:27:20 -0500

> That's always been my understanding. But then there are cases
> like Maben's, who doesn't get an X and has no jerky cursor.
> What, oh what, is going on?

Dunno. When I run Xy4 under CMD.EXE, the X appears from the start;
but when I run it under COMMAND.COM, it doesn't (at least, not right
away) -- even though there's more memory available to Editor under
CMD.EXE. But I repeat: the X is busines-as-usual for Xy4. Don't
give it a second thought.

The cursor issue is a different ball of wax. I solve that problem
by always (99% of the time) running XyWrite full-screen. Not that I
would choose windowed mode in any event...

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx