Re: Proportional font in XY-Win

If you want to print a ASCII map the you probably want a NON-proportional
(fixed width) font, such as "Courier New", (not "Courier"). Most of the other
Windows fonts are proportional. The "Terminal" font in Windows most
closely resembles the DOS character set, but it doesn't show up in the font
list in XyWin, it is not a TrueType font. Does anyone know how to make that
one show up?

On 22 Jan 99, at 8:32, Yo Intl. wrote:
> I know I am demonstrating my ignorance again, but here goes:
> How can I get a proportional font in XY-Win? I thought Courier
> is, but it turn out it is not, neither on screen nor on paper.
> The reason is that I have an ASCII map which I need to fax to
> a number of people. (I know, I could print it out from XY3 first,
> then scan it etc etc., but... curiosity gets in the way. Why does
> XY-Win not give me the option?)
> Tia
>
> --Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
> --Wednesday this week: St. Clinton promises manna from heaven for all.

-Robert Orndorff
Richmond, VA
orndorff@xxxxxxxx
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/orndorff