Re: available memory

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
Paul Lagasse wrote:
Xy4 had preferred config.sys and/or autoexec.bat settings in the old DOS days, relating to files and buffers I think. I've been searching, trying to find out what those were, because I'd like to tweak the similar files in Dosemu. Does anyone remember what those settings were? Many thanks.
Patricia Godfrey wrote:
DOSEmu lets you set those? Vista doesn't even have autoexec.nt. Or at least the initial release didn't; it got added with one of the updates. Let me see; I think I have the Xy Installation Guide here someplace.
I'm not at all certain that XyQuest or TTG ever offered optimal settings
for files and buffers. I looked through the documentation I have here and
didn't see reference to changing those settings, and I think I'd remember
such a basic piece of advice. However, maybe there was anecdotal or
individual advice about those settings that wasn't in the printed
documents. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who thinks so or comes
up with settings.

Carlo
thyrsus@xxxxxxxx