R: adding tilde to kbd file

Carl,

> 41=[126]
> 41=NO,[255],7,E
> 41=S6
>
> In the above, numbers in brackets mean "the character produced by
> holding down Ctrl-Alt-Shift, hitting the three numbers, and then
> releasing Ctrl-Alt-Shift".

holding down ctrl-alt-shift while typing 126 produces a printable hyphen,
i.e. a 3-bytes xy sequence, not the discretionary hyphen. I did not
discover any way to produce the ascii 126 in XyWrite other than: open the
standard keyboard file, switch to expanded view, search for "41=" and look
for the hyphen symbol, select it, copy it to the desired position. This is
true for all the "special" xy characters.
Adriano Ortile
ortile@xxxxxxxx