Re: sort problem in XY3 !!! SOLVED !!!

Carel wrote:

> But the greatest surprize was that my sort-key file does work
> too, if ........ i use sk=3
> so you can specify directly the wanted order in your sort-key
> file.

  It works, but not with the same behavior:

sk=2 includes 2+0, that is reverse + ASCII order, numbers before letters
sk=3 includes 2+1, reverse + decimal order, letters before numbers.

  Also, I don't know why, with sk=1,3,5,7,9... the numbers don't follow
the ;SO; file order. But with the 0,2,4... it follows.

> Found out that sorting on the second column isn't possible by
> specifying Sk=2,15,30
> because the offset counts from the beginning of each line as if
> the file was in expanded mode and didn't count the TS-values (and
> the data-items in the first column where various in length)

  Using sk=8, when you specify an offset 1,2,3, the order followed is that
of the first caracter in the correspondent tab:

d sk=10,80,1 first caracter after the first tab, numbers first
d sk=10,80,2 first caracter., second tab, numbers first
etc.
d sk=11,80,1 first caracter after the first tab, letters first
d sk=11,80,2 first caracter., second tab, letters first

  Sorry for the mistake with your name...

  Francisco Barrau