Re: Printer question

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, N. Sivin wrote:

> Re AJ Ross's printing problem, a workaround is a separate
> file that contains the formatting for an envelope, which is
> what I always have used.

More information. Envelope printing with this particular printer is done
in landscape mode. So I tried an experiment. I created a document
containing one line, and inserted only the command OR 1, to have it print
in landscape mode. It printed out the same kind of gibberish as with
envelope printing.

So the problem now seems to be with all landscape printing, not just
envelopes. I know that the printer is capable of landscape printing. It
prints landscape fine in its own self-test. I also know that envelopes
and landscape printing work fine with Xy4Dos on my other printer (an HP
Deskjet).

So the question now becomes, why cannot XyWrite print landscape mode
correctly with this printer?

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                   lawyer@xxxxxxxx
 Boston, MA 02108-2503            http://world.std.com/~lawyer/