Re: screen- or script-writers' pgm and XY

 In the Art Campbell disks that came with XYwrite Revealed
was a set of programs for script writing aids in the files
WALKING
-------- quote
Two and a half years ago, when I purchased my first IBM
compatible computer, I set out to find the perfect
word processing program for screen and television writers.
Prior to that time, I had been using Wordstar on a CP/M system
 While it was certainly better than a typewriter, the unique
demands that the screenplay format place on a word processor
simply overwhelmed the CP/M Wordstar program.

Most writers who preceeded me into the IBM ranks seemed to
be using Microsoft Wo rd, so that became my first stop.
I've since become a big fan of Microsoft products.
I own their C compiler, their assembler, their mouse,
Windows, and, naturally, several incarnations
of their operating system. I'm happy with everything
except Word, which required altogether too much massaging
to spit out a proper film script.
At this time, I can only offer support through Compuserve
(the IBMAPP forum), th e Wicked Scherzo BBS and the
Writers Guild BBS. The Wicked Scherzo is a BBS for
 professional writers at (818) 906-8683.
The Writers Guild BBS is exclusively f or the use of members
of the Writers Guild of America.

          -- Ernie Wallengren
            CIS: 71360,2206

------                    --- end quote -----

I suppose you could find him through various services and
indices.

If you send me your postal address (off-list) I could
send you a copy of his XPL and extensive Save/Gets.

				say@xxxxxxxx

The David Rothman book ( who since went on to be an OS/2
consultant, surprise, surprise) "XYWrite made easier (revised
for Xywrite III Plus" had samples of keyboards and savegets
on the back pages from several writers.
Out of print from Tab books, good libraries should be able
to get you a copy in two weeks through their Interlibrary Loan
service and then you run down to your local copy shop to
extract the relevant pages. ISBN for the library is
0-8306-0740-4, or 08306-3040-6 (paperback) and the LC 87-24608
(The Herb Tyson was technical editor of the book.)

Chapters by Joel Heller, a television producer showed
his keyboard assignments, styles for radio and TV scripts, and
a sample of what they looked like when printed.
Arthur Kopit, playwrite and screenwriter shows much the same
with many more ideas such as a *.KBD for each project with
specially assigned keys; and the relation between XY3 and
Hollywood's "Scriptor" program.
Ernest Wallengren, tv writer producer, who tells how to capture
keystrokes, make windows inXy with simple cursor movements, and
using e-mail and XY3. There he gives his address as :
Ernest Wallengren, c/o Alexis Productions, 12626 Hesby Street,
North Hollywood, Calif. 91607. [ But I'll bet that doesn't
exit, but it's a start at finding his archive of programs -ds]
And a chapter from an obscure economist and computer consultant
named Herb Tyson with mouse-controlled XY3 and spanish kbd files,
programming editor, XY with Wordstar and Word3 keys

So there are resources out there, but few are well-known.
What's on the TTG BBS? Has anybody braved long-distance
to find out?

					D.Say
					say@xxxxxxxx