Re Counter refs; XyW Icon

I had started to explain coutner referencing, but Carl beat me to it, and
more succinctly. But note that there is a separate dedicated set of
chapter number counters (C0--that's zero, not cap oh), which one
references with REC. You can also reference pages (REP) in the same way.
What you can't do, alas, is refer to the TITLE of a chapter or numbered
header. One wishes one could, because then one could automatically embed
such in headers or footers. But there I go again, trying to make a DTP
app out of XyW.
Martin wanted a distinctive XyW icon. Well, there is one that came with
XyWin. If you have that, just right click your existing XyDOS shortcut,
and somewhere under properties you should find an option to Change Icon.
Search in the XyWin folder for XWBMP.DLL and click on that from the
Change Icon screen, and you should get a nice XyW in red and dark blue.
If you don't have XyWin, there is a way to create icons in Paint, but the
backgrounds and colors don't always come out right. If you want to try
it, send me a notice off list and I'll respond the same way (or would
others be interested?), but I need some time to review the procedure.
(I'd send you XYBMP.DLL, but fear to infinrge intellectual property
rights.)
Patricia