Re: A wild new idea for the future of XyWrite

Carl,

"A screen font needs to be monospace," so that would rule out the same ones
that Tame rules out. Okay.

And here's something that would be great: an ability to write in XPL and,
via AHK or something else, get it compiled into an .EXE file. That way I
could write XPL-based scripts for others to run, sans XyWrite. E.g., I
would like to hire an assistant to do the clerical work involved in running
my email list, but as things stand now, she'd have to run XyWrite to do that.

Hmmm, I guess I could write an XPL program, call it in STARTUP.INT, and
bundle the two together, if the assistant has a 32-bit OS.

I'm going to try an install of vDOS-lfn now, on my 32-bit Win 7.

--Harry

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger Thu, 14 Jul 2016 22:05:02 -0400 Harry, > Do you think vDOS-lfn would allow me to drop TameDOS? Does it > allow full use of bigger windows? I've now set Tame for 120 width > and 43 line length. And I use Lucida Console. Would love to be > able to use Windows fonts like Calibri, Cambria, and Consolas. Sure. Here's vDos-lfn with 120 x 43 and Consolas: http://users.datarealm.com/ammaze/xy/ishmael2.jpg Note that the screen font needs to be monospace. -- Carl Distefano cld@xxxxxxxx