2 screen freezes in Xy4

In the past few days I have had the Xy4 screen freeze on me
twice.

I'm using xy4.018 in a window in Win98se on a Dell Inspiron
3200 laptop.

The first was too bizarre to report: I was searching for a
word in my email files in earthlink/netscape 4.78, but every
I typed an e, explorer popped up, so I changed the search
term but every time I hit an m, the desktop popped up. So I
went the ctrl/alt/del route, which informed me that xywrite
was not responding. Closed xywrite, reopened it and the
problem disappeared.

Just a few moments ago I had a directory up and had hit
alt+w & 1 to get to screen #1. The screen froze and a line
maybe 3 letters wide started jiggling above and below the
first dot on the upper left of the directory. Had to use
ctrl/alt/del to get out of xy and start it up again. There
was no searching involved in this freeze (although I had
been playing around with cwd  about ten minutes
earlier).

Anyone have any ideas? Right now it's a nuisance, but if I
start losing data because I've had to exit xy without
saving....

Thanks
Judith Davidsen