XPL question

Heres's something odd. I have two routines that use similar procedures
to create a directory if it doesn't exist, CD to it, create a file if
it doesn't exist (or regardless), and open it. Both work, but the
first (council) generates an "Access denied" error message after the
MKDIR command, even when the dir doesn't need to be created, because
it already exists. Is this perhaps simply a timing issue? I observe that I have a wait command (suggested by Robert, IIRC) in the second.

{{5,council}}
{2}BX cd e:\hho\council\Q2 >BX exist Q2
>BX mkdir e:Q2 BX cd e:Q2
+++"co.txt">BX ne e:Q2 BC now
XC BC load council.splXC {2}

{{5,xylist}}
{2}BX es 1Q2 BX cd e:\xyinfoQ2 >BX exist Q2
>BX mkdir e:Q2 BX cd e:Q2
+>BX ca e:.txtQ2 >BX ne
e:.txt Q2 BX waitQ2 BF {2}

Nothing has the archive bit set, which can confuse DOS programs.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx