questions on NB

I've downloaded the NB demo and substituted by XyWin customized keyboard.
The deadkeys I put in it for diacritics work fine. But the menu-driven
insertion of foreign characters (e.g. polish "slash-l") is much weaker than
in XyWrite, which I guess has to do with the omission of the bistream fonts
as a source of characters not in the windows fonts.

I also notice that there is some oddness with code pages. I had my Xy .dfl
file set to codepage 850, which I gathered was also NB's default; but some
characters show up odd (the copyright sign as a hollow square, for instance).

The style libraries in XY documents seem to work ok in NB. Not surprsingly,
NB documents formatted with their academic styles frameworks don't work in
XyW.

The automatic storing of files with a .NB appendix is annoying. I hope one
can change that with a default setting.

But I haven't had the thing crash yet. Could the people who reported
crashes tell us what they were doing when NB crashed? (I'm running Win95
on a slow Pentium with 48KB memory).