Diacritics in XW for E-Mail

This message is directed to those XW'ers and NB'ers who use the word
Processor to compose messages destined for E-Mail. As most of you know I
have used XW (and NB)extensively to compose messages/letters destined to
be dispatched via E-Mail. Since a number of them go to German
correspondents, they contain Umlaut diacritics. I've been told that, in
some instances, my notes contain "Garbage". I investigating I've found
the culprits were the Umlaut characters and, more importantly, they are
the NB umlauts.
 I just ran a test and the good news is that the XWRITE umlaut
characters (and I believe all XW diacritics), are the ones that work.
 Anne: If you're interested in the experiment, especially since NB has
a significant foreign following, pls let me know and I'll forward the
results whic outline the umlaut characters from both XW and NB.
Dick Giering