Xy on Vista: Memory Misstatements

I spoke too soon yesterday about the memory tab on the pif
properties page. In fact, though a shortcut to command.com
includes one, and one to cmd.exe does not, neither actually
allocates EMS RAM, as can be seen by opening each and commanding
mem /d|MORE
(or piping the results to a file, which I did, but cannot post just now, as I have--I hope temporarily--misplaced my flash drives and there's no other way to copy files from the laptop to the desktop).
One wonders if this was the result of mere incompetence (the team
designing system internals forgot to tell the team designing the
GUI that those tabs wouldn't work any more) or deliberate
misinformation. The same thing, we recall, happened with the font
tabs on XP's pif properties sheets.
But--as I at least confidently expected--TYP works. So even if
Mendelson is right about net Use not working, we can still print
from Xy.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx