Re: XYWRITE digest 2821

Bob Zimmerman wrote:
As a favor, a friend of mine who is Linux knowledgable took an old Windows 95 box of mine and
converted it into a Linux machine. He added both a Windows 98 emulator (Qemu) and a DOS emulator
(Dosbox). Both work. Xywrite 3.55 runs on both, no problem, in Linux, which isn't a minor statement
since my keyboard file is HEAVILY customized (arrow keys, capslock, tab, control, all remapped).
Yet, after I made some minor changes in startup.int and my keyboard.kbd so that the directories were
right, Xywrite worked fine.
Alleluia! (whoops, shouldn't be saying that in Lent). Would this guy
be willing, do you think, to write up what he did and let it be posted
here? I've got one Linux distro (Xandros) on half my hard drive
already, and mean to swap it for SuSe as soon as I can get and install
a DVD drive to read the optical disc. Am also looking for a
second-hand laptop I can run Linux on. But I cannot live without Xy,
and dual booting is too, too tedious.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx