printing with XP

Unlike others, I don't seem to have any particular complaints running Xy4
in a DOS window under XP -- not full screen, which is just too ugly with
the system fonts on my Dell 8100 laptop (1600x1200 screen). However, all of
a sudden, after a year or two of being able to print fine, I can't print
anymore. Do we know what really happens when XyWrite needs to print under
XP? I use a Lexmark T522 laser printer.
Occasionally, I use an HP 8100 at work. Somehow, the jobs are getting
filtered to that printer, and XyWrite freezes. How can I tell the system
not to send DOS print jobs to the HP?