XyWrite (in)stability (was Re: XyWrite Development)

In article <199504061040.GAA10023@xxxxxxxx>,
auerbach@xxxxxxxx (David Auerbach) wrote:

| I find the XyDos pretty stable (I very infrequently get a graphics
| view related freeze, which is no big deal under OS/2) but there are a
| few bugs that have never been addressed (though they have been
| registered); certain combinations of page layout and endnotes result
| in missing lines in endnotes and there are certain problems with chain
| printing. But in the main I find XyDos stable and fast.

I also ran into problems with chain printing once. I've been
meaning to go back and work on the problem again since it was
quite inconvenient at the time. But I haven't done so yet.

I also find XyDos generally stable. The occasional lockups I
experience are in graphics mode. The use of Orbis also seems to
increase instability a bit. Sometimes moving the mouse alone
will kill XyDos. But that's fairly rare and outweighed by
Orbis's advantages.

Dan Kanagy     Work: wordwise@xxxxxxxx    Play:
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx
Tokyo, Japan