OT Search terms

Can anyone more knowledgeable than I about networking suggest some search
terms I should use on DejaNews to find leads for configuring a laptop to
belong to more than one network? It surely must be possible: lots of
people want their laptops to log onto the office network and then their
own home network. But I find nothing about it in any of my books. And if
one doesn't know the jargon, a search could take forever. Thanks.
Patricia