Re: XyDOS and tildes

Reply to note from Dorothy Day  Fri, 2 Jun 2000
18:00:33 -0500 (EST)

-> The command is DH= (substitute the character of your choice
-> for xx).

Somehow I had the idea that the customizable soft hyphen arrived with
Xy4, but, of course, Dorothy is right; it's available in Xy3 as well.
(On the command line, that would be D DH=[anychar].)

So, Jim, you have your choice: Either change default DH to a character
other than the tilde, or change the tildes in your document to 3-byte
tilde look-alikes as per my earlier instructions. If you regularly edit
non-Xy documents, changing the default is the way to go. Come to think
of it, changing the default is thee way to go -- it's so easy.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/