Re: CLIP and OOM and WInword

Reply to note from Si Wright  Sun, 22 Jan 2006 00:09:53 -0800 (PST)

Jon:

> Now I'd actually be more interested in SA/RTF . At the moment,
> it says DONE but I don't see an .RTF file.

I wrote that frame a few years ago, primarily with OS/2 in mind, and
haven't revisited it since. I see that it has timing problems under
XP.

I slipped a revised SA/RTF into the current iteration of U2 v119
(dated 1/22/06). If you haven't yet grabbed Robert's provisional
fix to CLIP, it'll be there when you do. If you've already done so,
then you'll need to download the Jumbo U2 ZIP again. Swap
XYWWWEB.U2 and XYWWWEB.INF (both files) into Editor's directory, and
you should be good to go. Let me know.

SA/RTF has a new option (SA/RTF/NV) to force the conversion filter
to treat the source file format as XyWrite even if it contains
elements of other formats (HTML or RTF). This is handy for RTFing
files, such as mail-list digests, that contain alternating sections
of text and HTML. The old frame would detect the HTML tags and
treat the entire file as HTML, which would bolix the conversion.
Appending the /NV switch avoids that.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx