Re: Clip and OOM and WInword

I've posted this to XyWWWeb in a new XYWEB119.ZIP.

And BTW, Jon, make sure you change your Copy key assignment ALSO (not
just your Paste key) to specify which operation to perform -- for Copy,
it should be:
nn=NOJM2,.,c,l,i,p,w,c,Q2
unless it is in the ALT table, in which case it should be:
nn=NIJM2,.,c,l,i,p,w,c,Q2
(NI instead of NO). In other words, for best & most reliable results you
should be using two separate keys! One for Paste, another for Copy, and
potentially a third for "cut" a.k.a. Replace, nn=NOJM2,.,c,l,i,p,w,r,Q2 .
Inter alia, you can't copy a CMline with just the all-purpose single-key
assignment "c,l,i,p,w", and you also don't need to be as particular about
whether DeFined blocks are active or not. And you can mimic the Windows keys Ctrl-C|V|X. Etc. etc.

OK, new behavior: There's still a limit as to where CLIP will PAste the
CLIP.TXT, but now it doesn't say Pasting!! (Be patient...) --it just
hangs until I press BK, at which point it deposits CLIP.TXT into the
appointed spot.

By the way, where the clipping operation does work, I could do it repeatedly, i.e. original original original CLIP.TXT  original original original CLIP.TXT original
just by hitting my assigned CLIP key at various places. Once I hit BK
then CLIP.TXT is no longer available for pasting.

It was the same when the Pasting!! message appeared. It's no big deal--
generally I'm only clipping to one place.

What's all this newfangled nonsense about COPY and PASTE keys? F7 and F8
were good enough for our forebears and by cracky they're good enough for me. !

A working SA/RTF hasn't yet appeared in U2, but I'm crossing my fingers.

Jon Pareles