Re: spelling impaired writer

On 06/10/97 at 09:01 PM,
  "Jonathan Beard"  said (in so many words):

<-   Wouldn't it be nice if it would give me THEIR first? I could
<-   live without seeing SHIER at all. I tried once to make it
<-   refuse to accept "chile" because I want it to insist on making
<-   it Chile, but got it messed up.

If you put into your pers.spl (or whatever you call your personal spell
file) a line like this:

thier their

then you'll get what you want; moreover, if you turn on auto-replace it
will fix it as you type.

--
                     Regards,
                     David

Who hath not met with home-made bread,
A heavy compound of putty and lead.
           -Thomas Hood

David Auerbach              auerbach@xxxxxxxx (David
Auerbach) Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU
Box 8103
Raleigh, 27695-8103