Re: Xy to Word

I finished the latest draft of my 20,000-word article in Xy 3.55, and I'm
going to convert it to MS Word.

The quote marks convert perfectly, just as the people on this list said
they would.

Next question: I'm using 3 or 4 levels of headings. I found, to my
amazement, that the major headings I had created in XyWrite, with Roman
numerals in the format "I. First Part", converted into a "Heading 1"
format. Apparently Word recognizes some formats, including upper-case
Roman, as highest-level headings.

I assume I could also create formats in XyWrite that would convert to
Heading 2 and Heading 3 in Word. Does anybody know about this? Could I use
extra carrier returns, or tab indets?

It would be much better if I could work in XyWrite and import the drafts
into Word, rather than importing the latest draft into Word and working in
Word from that point on.

Norman

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D