Re: XyWrite Development

Kenneth Frank: Your comments on other aspects of the
caps-required mode codes were interesting, but did not address
what happens when xpl macros try to enter modes directly as text:
{mdnm} (expanded, of course) or when v4 finds an entry like
19=SI,{,m,d,n,m,},CI in a .kbd file. (Btw, as for "If you were
not in expanded mode, previously (XyIII) you could have done a CI
for MD and changed your mode commands": Of course the reverse is
true; this isn't.)

Glad to know that the next upgrade will resolve "+" without ";"
conflicts, but I never encountered the sequence before your msg saying that I'd
"remarked about a problem that occurs when a macro attempts to insert a `+'."
In fact v4 seemed to be such an uncharted minefield of redefined
functions that I never ran any macros before reverting to v3.

I brought up the UD and caps-required mode codes after you wrote that I was
"really making a mistake, as one of the continuing efforts and
improvements in successive Xy4 versions is making III+ XPL code
run natively in Xy4." I can't say that I'm persuaded. I hope that
the documentation that Tech Support is preparing will be what
"Making the Transition" should have been in terms of custom
configuration, including an overview.   --annie

========================== annie fisher  nyc