Re: XY4 in Win7-64

>I suspect it has something to do with the paths to Startup, Settings and the thesaurus, but I don't
quite understand how paths work within Virtual PC. Paths work just like normal DOS. Try using Xy in the VPC C: partition to see if the problem resides in the shared disk. You might try to point the VPC x: disk to a folder with a DOS-compliant path like C:\disk on the host machine. Actually I am using Nota Bene 3.0 DOS (= a Xy3 variant) under VPC 32-bit on Win XP 32-bit. NB is a bit slow to start compared to Xy and it takes about 3 seconds. My Xy4 copy takes 1-2 seconds to load. The performance should be comparable to a Pentium-class standalone DOS machine. Using an alias X: disk makes no difference in my case. Try other DOS software to see if the problem lies in the VPC installation or if it is your Xy installation. Best regards, Kari Eveli LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) lexitec@xxxxxxxx *** Lexitec Online *** Lexitec in English: http://www.lexitec.fi/english.html Home page in Finnish: http://www.lexitec.fi/