Re: Manage Files Open

Mike Gawdun:

I don't understand why you prefer to use a dialog box to open
downloaded files in XW 4.012. If you download them all to the
same directory, you can call them all in sequence from the
command line with one command, say

CA \download\*.*

using ^*@N to move to the next one. Isn't that less work?

I put all of a day's files for downloading into a single folder,
always with the same name. That is less neat, but once it is
downloaded, I can invoke a single macro to open it and delete
almost all the garbage from their headers, which makes them much
easier to read, store, print, etc.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania