Re: OS/2 & Cyrix

I've been reading the dialogue between Peter Evans and Harmon Seaver with
some interest.

I'm an electrical engineer, and where I work we use Unix workstations as much
as PC desktops, if not more. We purchased a product called SoftWindows to
emulate DOS and Windows programs on Unix systems, but the performance of the
emulator has always been miserable, even after several upgrades.

Harmon, you seem to know of an emulator--or perhaps you know of more than
one--that will run DOS and Windows applications quickly, even faster than a
Windows platform would run them. What is the name of this emulator? Which
Unix environments have you run this emulator on? What processor, system
speed, and RAM size? I'd appreciate any info, because we are purchasing more
and more PCs rather than less, these days, and a good emulator might make it
possible for some people to keep their Unix workstations rather than lose
them to machines they've never worked with before, just so they can pull up
something like Microsoft Project.

Thanks,
Paul