From: "Thomas J Hawley"
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Xywrite on PC DOS
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:19:25 -0500

** Reply to message from "Mimi Gauthier LeBien"  on
Sat,

9 Nov 2002 20:27:28 -0600

> If you were to partition, why not partition MS-DOS only, instead of
adding

> another Windows operating system? Also, where can one purchase MS-DOS or
> plain old DOS these days?

IBM is still selling DOS, which they say has a 100 million user base
worldwide.
The latest (and I expect last) version is the PC DOS 2000 upgrade to PC DOS
7.

Y2K compliant, includes REXX, and supports the Euro symbol too.

Product number is 04L5567 (CD ROM; $62) or 04L5596 (3.5" floppy, $67).

See http://www-3.ibm.com/software/os/dos/index.html

But why?